Close by is Cornwall’s beautiful coastline with picturesque fishing ports, extensive sandy beaches, rock pools and surfing:
- Port Isaac beach - historic fishing village, famous as the location for Doc Martin (2 miles)
- Polzeath beach - well known sandy surfing beach with rock pools (5 miles)
- Rock - sandy beach with watersports available and foot ferry to Padstow (5 miles)
- Daymer Bay - lovely sandy beach, dogs welcome all year round (6 miles)
There is a great selection of pubs and restaurants close by - note that advanced booking is advised:
- St Kew Inn - the local and family favourite (1½ miles)
- Restaurant Nathan Outlaw (2 Michelin stars and voted Good Food Guide #1 restaurant in the UK 2018) in Port Isaac (2 miles)
- Outlaw’s Fish Kitchen (1 Michelin star) in Port Isaac by the harbour (2 miles)
- The Malsters in Chapel Amble (3 miles)
- The St Tudy Inn (6 miles)
- The Mariners in Rock (6 miles)
- Little Plates in Wadebridge (6 miles)
- Paul Ainsworth at No 6, The Seafood Restaurant (Rick Stein), and Rick Stein’s Cafe all in Padstow (14 miles by road or take the foot ferry from Rock)
There are also many other restaurants and a wide range of beach cafés, fish and chip shops and other takeaways in the local area.
Apart from the lovely beaches and coast path walks there are many sights within an easy drive:
- Surfing lessons at Surf’s Up, Polzeath
- Coasteering and Sea Kayaking with Cornish Rock tours, Port Quin
- Cycle the Camel trail from Wadebridge to Padstow - Bridge Cycles.
- The Point at Polzeath - Golf, Health Club, Swimming pool, Wellness.
- Bodmin and Wendford steam railway.
- Pony trekking at Hallagenna on Bodmin Moor.
- Golf at St Enodoc and St Kew
- Camel sailing and power boating at Rock
- Co-op in Port Isaac - small but with good selection of food and wines - open long hours (2 miles)
- Wadebridge has a large Tesco which will deliver, also butchers, bakers, greengrocers, chemists etc. (6 miles)
- Rock has an excellent baker, butcher, delicatessen, also Sea Salt, Jack Wills, White Stuff (5 miles)
- Trevathan Strawberry Farm, St Endellion pick your own strawberries or buy them ready picked in season. They also have other local produce, a café and play equipment to keep the children busy while you enjoy a coffee!
- Fresh fish can be obtained in Port Isaac.
- Pasties can be found in many places but we recommend Malcolm Barnecutt in Rock, Wadebridge and Port Isaac. Aunt Avice’s Pasty Shop at St Kew Highway sells their own pasties made on the premises.
- Padstow has a wide range of galleries, fashion and foodie shops (14 miles by road, or foot ferry from Rock).
If you need a caterer then please contact us for a recommendation.